Say Hello to Madeline Elisabeth Parr
That's right, folks. We have a tiny little, very cute baby girl in the works. We had already picked out some names and when we saw her (especially the profile, the first pic to the right), we knew who she was (though we had to discuss the pronunciation). Anyway, here she is. The top pic is our favorite. We're in awe that God has blessed us with the responsibility of caring for this little one and can't wait to meet her face to face. She appears to be healthy and all of her measurements today were in line with normal development. They have pushed the due date back a few days to February 17th.This whole thing today was a bit overwhelming. I kept laughing every time I saw her move or squirm around. Maddie even appeared to wave at us a couple of times. She's obviously advanced for her age to realize that we were looking at her. I guess we'll have to start that college fund early, but hopefully being such a smart baby will cause the scholarships to just pour in. I guess we will have to start saving for a wedding, though, just in case she meets a thoroughly screened (personality and interest inventories) and upstanding man of integrity and character.
Elliot Gordon (pic below from Monday, September 05, 2005 post) seems like a nice kid now, but he's gonna have a lot of trust to earn between now and dating age for Maddie (around 28 or so). And he peed on me the other day.So I guess we're going to go register somewhere tomorrow now that we have a little more information to go on. Still haven't decided if it going to be Babies R Us or Baby Depot, but we've already decided on Target for sure. Any advice? Post a comment.

2 Comments:
We went to Babies R Us. I don't know if there is one place that is better than the other, bit I do know one thing... I was completely overwhelmed by the amount of "stuff" I was "supposed" to have in order to raise my child for the first year. I kept thinking, as we zapped barcodes, "What did people do in the 1700s? They didn't have all this stuff."
My advice, put everything you want on the list, but remember that you don't need everything on it.
Oh... and Congratulation!!!!! I really thought it was it a boy.
8:56 PM
Mom wants to know if we're allowed to call her "Maddie". I gave her a resounding yes. Of course she's smart, Brain, look at who her parents are! Please don't hold the peeing against Elliot - he is much improved in this area and we have spoken about it not happening again. He knows who he's dealing with now... A prospective future father-in-law to appease...
12:41 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home