the latest on the soon-to-arrive little parr

Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Anticipation Mounting . . .


Hello All! We've been gone again for a while and Karsee has said, "Don't forget to post tonight," every night for the last week and a half. Sorry again.

The big development to report is that I' finally felt my baby moving around inside Kars last week. It was pretty incredibly and amazingly cool, yo! I felt our little Squirt, (Karsee's most recent affectionate pseudonym for the baby) twice last week and several times this week. There seems to be a pretty regular pattern to the movement, breakfast time is one, right when we're going to bed is another. We're hoping that the evening activity isn't a sign of what's to come, ("but – sigh – it probably is," said Charlie Brown).

I'm feeling a lot more attached now that I've felt the movements but am still a little jealous of Karsee. Not that I would want to be pregnant (except that I'd have an excuse for my enormous belly). I gained a little weight in the first trimester; took it off doing Atkins for a week, and have kept it off since then, but am having to be conscious of my eating habits and not eat every time Karsee does. That's been hard, especially with the the french fry and ice cream cravings she's been having. not so hard with the pickle juice.

We're both psyched about going to our next prenatal exam, we're having an ultrasound two days from now: Friday, 1pm. WE CAN"T WAIT!!! We only hope that we have an immodest baby being formed and shaped in Karsee's belly. Anyway, expect a few words here Friday afternoon/evening. See you then.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home